I have a good idea for everyone.
Listen to the music you got from EZT...I know I have gigs and gigs that haven't been spun once.
[img]wink.gif[/img]
I have a good idea for everyone.
Listen to the music you got from EZT...I know I have gigs and gigs that haven't been spun once.
[img]wink.gif[/img]
By the way,
Does anyone use archive.org?
I remember downloading some great Charlie Hunter material from there. Are there any files that are "must-haves" on there, that I might be missing?
Good riddance I say. Those sites do more harm than good. If you want something, pay for it.
DSOP:is it some sort of strange humor??
Those stuff you could download at EZT were not sold aznywhere.That was the whole point of that site man.
Too bad they had to shut down.But the good news is..
Internet is still alive which means we'll soon be able to find another website offering the same service.
That's the beauty of it.It's so big and it grows so fast that you could have all the lawyers in the world, tracking down'illegal stuff',there still would be dozens of sites opening when they have one shut down.
God i love internet.
Here's the etree discussion board: (i think)
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/bt-easytree-org/
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And where did that stuff come from? Thin air?Originally posted by drumaddix:
DSOP:is it some sort of strange humor??
Those stuff you could download at EZT were not sold aznywhere.
I'll remember that when I'm listening to a killer boot of the Dixie Dregs, or Frank Sinatra, or a Led Zep video that is unavailable or this Sting video boot I'm watching...
Archive.org has some Mike Clark stuff on it that is ok, and the String Ceese Incident is all over it.
This just in from Easytree....
We're very sorry having to tell you that we had to shut down EZT forever just a couple of minutes ago.
?
We got a call from our provider, they had received a few letters from a couple of lawyers. They requested EZT to be shut down immediately, otherwise we'd be sued.
?
As you may imagine, we do not have the funds to fight a battle we most probably can't win anyway.
?
We would like to thank everyone here for their contributions to EZT, one way or the other, for sharing the music, sharing an ideal, for all your mails, rants, praises...
?
To say it with Joan Armatrading:
?
We had fun, fun, fun, fun
fun, fun, fun, fun
we had fun -- while it lasted...
--"Tall in the Saddle"--
?
You all take good care!
OUCH. [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]
Reality check.
To the bone-core.
Big Pic Perspective... [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]redface.gif[/img]
Like I've said b4, the only way for artists to keep up with the changing times & technol is to record every [or, many] live date[s] they do & offer them on their own sites. Or the record co's.
Because the internet is not going away anytime soon...unless the world ends tomorrow. Obv you can't prevent EVERY soundperson from booting...unless you have an agent posted at their side. Metal detectors may keep most audience bootleggers out perhaps. But ya can;'t change the inevitable course in time.
I think it's kind of funny, a double-edged sword, a paradox. The very same profits stemming from the steps in technol advancement that the RIAA suits have enjoyed for many many yrs is now their worst nightmare [NTM they call the shots as to what is put out & what is not - they're own fault]...c'est la vie, que sera sera...& oh, how I am all choked up about it...Not. Don't come crying on my shoulder any time soon. Falling on deaf ears. Just means they now need to work a little harder for their BIG dough.
Kind of like advancement in technol steps in doing away with petrol-reliant vehicles in favor of more economical & fuel efficient, such as solar, battery, alcohol, or other...but that's a ways off. But the analogy is there. As our old friend Neil used to say, changes aren't [necessarily] permanent...but change [itself] IS.
But dsop does have a point, legality wise...
Shot my whole gloat to heck... ;c)
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 07, 2005 01:24 AM: Message edited by: got_a_matchgrip? ]</font>
Bookmarks